Dr. Yogesh Deepak Bansod
Raum LLM 216
Tel.: +49 (0) 381 498-7039
Fax: +49 (0) 381 498-7081
- Numerical analysis of multi-scale problems using an open-source software framework
- Building Scale Separation Maps (SSM) for different multi-scale problems
- Scale bridging techniques
- Execution pipelines for multi-scale problems
CRC 1270 ELAINE - Electrically Active Implants
Project A02: Multi-scale models for studies on electrically active implants in due consideration of uncertainties in the input data
Most of the biological processes are hierarchical in nature and it is thus not advisable to represent them on a single-scale. Bone remodelling, cartilage regeneration, and deep brain stimulation are some of the examples of such phenomenon. This type of multi-scale problems requires an interweaving of models for macroscopic as well as microscopic processes. Furthermore, these are multiphysical processes in which electrical, chemical, thermodynamical, and often mechanical effects interact with each other. This project examines micro-and macroscopic simulations in continuous media. In order to determine the desired parameters for the electrically active implants, in particular the electric field distribution, this project focuses to a great extent on the numerical solution of relevant partial differential equations with the help of finite element method.
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. habil. Ursula van Rienen
• Bansod, Y. D., Kebbach, M., Kluess, D., Bader, R., van Rienen, U. Finite element analysis of bone remodelling with piezoelectric effects using an open-source framework. Biomechanics and Modelling in Mechanobiology (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10237-021-01439-3
• Bansod, Y. D., Kebbach, M., Kluess, D., Bader, R., van Rienen, U. Computational analysis of tibial bone remodeling under electrical stimulation considering the piezoelectric properties. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology (2021). https://doi.org/10.3389/fbioe.2021.705199
• Zimmermann, U., Ebner, Su, Y., Bender, T., Bansod, Y. D., Mittelmeier, W., Bader, R., van Rienen, U. Numerical Simulation of Electric Field Distribution around an Instrumented Total Hip Stem. Applied Sciences (2021). https://doi.org/10.3390/app11156677
• Bansod, Y. D. and van Rienen, U., "Numerical Analysis of Electromechanically Driven Bone Remodeling Using the Open-source Software Framework," 2019 41st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), Berlin, Germany, 2019, pp. 6466-6471. doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2019.8856543
• Bansod Y. D., van Rienen U., Bursa J. 2018, "Finite element bendo-tensegrity model of eukaryotic cell in suspended and adherent state" in 10th European Solid Mechanics Conference (ESMC2018), Bologna, Italy.
• Bansod Y. D., M. Kebbach, R. Bader, and U. van Rienen. 2019, “A Piezoelectric Strain-Adaptive Bone Remodeling Simulation”, In: 41st International Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference (EMBC), Berlin, Germany.
• Bansod Y. D., A. Farooqi, K. Butenko, J. Zimmermann, H. Raben, R. Appali, C. Bahls, and U. van Rienen. 2019, “Multi-scale models for numerical studies on electrically active implants”, In: Reliability of implants and biostructures, Rostock, Germany.
• Bansod, Y. D.; Kebbach, M., Kluess, D., Bader, R., van Rienen, U. 2020 "Multiscale finite element analysis of strain-adaptive bone remodelling with considering bone piezoelectricity", ELAINE 2020 – Progress in Electrically Active Implants (virtual). University of Rostock. Rostock, Germany. https://doi.org/10.18453/rosdok_id00002752
- Orcid link: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5077-2082
- Scopus author ID: 57203147015
- Google scholar link: Yogesh D. Bansood